The Leadership Collaborative is a working group of women’s religious congregations which are committed to developing the capacity for transformational leadership among women religious, their associates and their ministry partners, both now and in the future.
We are seeking a person who embodies the mission, vision and values of the Leadership Collaborative – its dedication to religious life; the leadership potential of women; the transformation of the world; promoting the highest and best aspirations of the women it serves; and inspiring enthusiasm, energy with the LC committee, Executive Director, staff, funders, mentors and participants.
The Program Director is responsible for organizing and implementing all aspects of the Collaborative Leadership Development Program (CLDP) which include but are not limited to; selection and registration of participants, recruiting mentors to partner with participants, securing venues and scheduling presenters who will assist with the leadership development of the participants.
The candidate for this role will demonstrate the capacity for creating a contemplative, caring and collaborative experience for all who are a part of the CLDP. She/He will also demonstrate these attributes in relating to the Executive Director and staff members of the Leadership Collaborative. The anticipated date to begin is May 1, 2017.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree and a minimum of 5 years of program management experience is required; advance degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of religious life in general.
- Strong commitment to a life of faith, prayer and contemplation.
- Strong organizational, communication and technological skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
The Leadership Collaborative is committed to carry out its mission guided by the prayerful consideration of the needs of our time. In this full time position, the Program Director will receive a salary commensurate with her/his experience, medical benefits and a flexible working location. It is understood that the Program Director is on site for scheduled program meetings.
Position Title: Program Director
Position Type: FLSA exempt position; full-time, paid position w/health benefits
Focus: Transformational Leadership Development for Women Religious and their Associates
Location: Negotiable; remote work environment however on site for scheduled workshops
Start Date: May 1, 2017
The Leadership Collaborative is a working group of women’s religious congregations and organizations committed to developing the capacity for transformational leadership among women religious, their associates and their ministry partners now and into the future.
The Leadership Collaborative gathers to:
- Explore emerging models of leadership
- Identify the knowledge, skills, practices and relationships needed to bring about individual, Church and global transformation
- Provide a sounding board and resources for leadership development programs
- Serve as a resource to women’s religious congregations
- Foster the capacities for transformational leadership with particular attention given to the next generation of leaders.
- Transformation of society and the world
- Learning mindset
- Grounded in God
- Integrity of relationships and creation
- Organizational transformation
About the Leadership Collaborative
The Leadership Collaborative (LC) is a network of seven congregations (RSM, CSC, CSJ, FSSJ, IHM, SL, SSND) and representatives from LCWR and RFC who gathered in 2011 to create a Collaborative Leadership Program. They discovered that leadership development was much more than a single program and committed to working towards developing programs, processes and experiences for younger members and associates that would foster personal transformation that, in turn, will translate into cultural and systemic change that would lead to re-imagining and shaping the future of religious life and association.
The Collaborative Leadership Development Program (CLDP) is a multi-congregational, multi-national, leadership training program for religious congregation vowed members, associates and co-members who are 60 years of age or younger. The purpose of the program is to build the participants’ capacity for effective leadership in community and ministry. The program promotes both individual development and a collective vision of shared leadership.
Program Director Position Details
The Program Director will direct and lead the on-going design, development, implementation and facilitation of the Collaborative Leadership Development Program (CLDP) within the context of the overall mission and vision of the Leadership Collaborative. This is a full-time position.
- Design and execute a communications strategy which will effectively market the CLDP to potential participants.
- Implement and oversee the recruitment processes for participants, mentors and presenters for the CLDP.
- Prepare a budget for the CLDP; oversee and process related fiscal transactions.
- Ensure proper record-keeping as well as maintain an ongoing archive of program materials.
- Ensure all materials and presentations are available in English and Spanish.
- Ensure the effective employment and relationship-building of presenters and interpreters for onsite sessions and/or online gatherings as needed.
- Research and implement user-friendly, cost-effective technology to provide on-line learning and on-going communication within the CLDP.
- Establish measurements that support the accomplishment of the CLDP’s objectives and work with Executive Director, Funders and others to evaluate the Program’s effectiveness.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to any staff members under her supervision – e.g. the LC Administrative Assistant.
- Provide a working Timeline for the LC Executive Director, staff and appropriate constituents of the CLDP.
- Work with the LC Executive Director, Coordinating Committee and others to create a roster of mentors for participants in advance of each cohort; oversee matching participants with appropriate mentoring for the duration of the program.
- Work with appropriate professionals to provide orientation for mentors before and during their tenure as mentors in the CLDP.
- The Program Director is accountable to the Executive Director of the Leadership Collaborative and to the LC’s Coordinating Committee.
- The Program Director will maintain necessary financial, communication and programmatic files related to the Collaborative Leadership Development Program.
- The Program Director will work with the Fiscal Agents of the LC to create, maintain and update budgets as needed, and to provide input to appropriate funders as needed.
- The Program Director’s position is a full-time, salaried position, including benefits.
- Travel and other program-related expenses are reimbursed by the LC’s Fiscal Agents.
- If travel on a given day exceeds 8 hours, a flat rate, the equivalent of 8 hours work, will be paid by the Fiscal Agents, (through the Institute of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas).
- Administrative assistance is available to the Program Director in the person of a part-time Administrative Assistant, whose office is located at the Institute of the Sisters of Mercy in Silver Spring, MD.
- The Program Director’s office can be located at her convenience – relocation is not required.
Please submit cover letter and resume with 3 references by February 17, 2017 to Erica Faulhaber, firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: Kathy Wade will continue as Program Director for CLDP-4, continuing through November-2017.)